Weekly Class Schedule
Curious about CrossFit? Join us for a FREE introductory session–we’ll talk about your fitness goals, teach you about our methodologies, and walk you through the basics of the program.
Call or email us to schedule your session today!
Our On-Ramp program teaches skill development and experience in the basic movements of CrossFit. There are nine movements that are fundamental to CrossFit training: air squat, front squat, overhead squat, shoulder press, push-press, push jerk, dead lift, sumo dead lift and the clean. For more information and for detailed video demos of exercises and more, please go to CrossFit HQ’s site at www.crossfit.com.
All clients must complete our On-Ramp Program before attending regularly scheduled classes. The objective is to teach new clients the proper technique for the skills that will be used in the daily workouts. This program is designed to prepare our clients to safely and effectively perform the daily WODs.
- Each session will begin with movement demonstrations and technique. You will be introduced to the mechanics of each movement and how it should be performed with speed and intensity.
- The movements will progressively become more technical throughout the program.
- Each session will conclude with a workout, which will become more challenging as the program progresses.
- The workout can be scaled for all skill levels and you have control over the intensity of the workout.
- You must attend all 8 sessions as the movements build on one another throughout out the program.
If you have completed On-Ramp or a similar program at another CrossFit location, please contact us before attending a class.
Our small-group training program is designed to effectively meet the fitness needs of our large and varied community, which includes members of the military special forces, full-time moms, doctors, lawyers, police officers, fire fighters, business executives, accomplished athletes, and retired grandparents. Regardless of your occupation or your current fitness level, you will benefit from the coaching at CrossFit.
Here are just some of the benefits of our program . . .
Supportive Community Group coaching is the perfect solution for individuals looking for a supportive community that shares their desire for better health and well-being.
More Economical Than Personal Training Group coaching allows our members to work with a CrossFit certified coach for a fraction of the cost of personal training. All members are assigned to one of our professional coaches, who will monitor their progress and hold them accountable to their fitness goals.
Comprehensive Workout In our one-hour group sessions, participants will be led by our expert coaches through multiple phases of fitness and recovery:
- Mobility drills to improve and restore joint mobility and function
- Skill-based warm-ups to prepare the body for the workout
- The Workout of the Day – which includes constantly varied exercises such as gymnastics skills, running, jumping, squatting, kettlebell/Olympic lifting, and more
- Post-workout recovery stretches to prepare you for the rest of the day and your next workout.
Goal-Based Programming Simply put, our programs are designed to meaningfully improve our members’ health and physical performance throughout all areas life.
Since each of our clients has unique fitness goals and ability levels, our group coaching program is designed with the flexibility to meet such varied needs. If you would like more specific training, we have three additional programs to help you meet your goals:
Open members and non-members alike, this group focuses primarily on improving the technical execution of the snatch, clean & jerk, and related lifts. In addition to your regular training regimen, this program will improve your explosiveness, strength, and technique with the Olympic lifts.
The Flemington Barbell Club meets twice a week for 60 minutes each session. The weekly-varied programming is focused on the needs of the group, with modifications made for individual athletes. In each session athletes can expect to snatch or clean & jerk, perform dynamic pulling drills, and perform skill transfer drills and other supplemental exercises for the Olympic lifts.
For athletes interested in more focused and/or more frequent training on the Olympic lifts, our expert coaching staff will design a program suited to your specific needs and goals. Lifting equipment will be made available to athletes following those programs 5-6 days a week.
Contact us if you want to join the Club!
In addition to exercise, we recognize that the food you eat will also impact your success in achieving your health and fitness goals. We don’t prescribe to fad diets, but we do recognize that there are many tools available to those looking to improve their health and wellness. While our general nutritional advice is straight forward, we recognize that putting it into practice can be difficult.
In order to help our members understand their individual nutritional needs, the Nutrition Coaching Program uses a variety of methods to help its members:
- Establishing a dietary plan tailored to your physiology and unique health goals
- Adjusting behavior patterns to maximize success with dietary requirements
- Teaching culinary self-reliance and confidence
- Encouraging greater responsibility and accountability to your goals
Give us a call or stop by our gym if you are interested in Nutrition Coaching.
Open Gym hours are a great time to use our equipment for individual exercise. Feel free to work on gymnastics skills, Olympic Lifting technique, or anything else you can think of.
Open Gym will be supervised by a coach. The coach’s #1 priority will be ensuring a safe training environment for all clients.